This section, which is intended to provide guidance and procedural information, is primarily under development; however, the following resources are currently available.
Hiring and Recruiting Resources
- Departmental Orientation Resource Manual - Departmental tools to assist with recruiting, benefits orientation, and the new hire process.
- Guidelines for Pre-Employment Inquiries (PDF Format)
- Hiring International Students, Faculty, and Staff - questions pertaining to hiring international students, faculty, and staff should be directed to the appropriate campus international office:
Urbana | Chicago | Springfield Faculty and Staff | Springfield Student
- Major Laws and Regulations that Affect the Selection Process
- Principal Administrative Position Exemption (PAPE) - applies to Academic Professionals whose positions meet specialized administrative, professional, or technical needs.
- Recruitment Advertising Sources - information on employment and recruitment advertising agreements between the University and different media sources, including information on services provided by Shaker Recruitment Advertising.
- Recruiting Materials for Candidates
- Understanding Recruiting and Employment at the University of Illinois (PDF Format) - A guide to University processes for recruiting and hiring Civil Service and Academic Professional employees, developed by University Human Resources. Also included are references to the appropriate units for assistance with students, graduate students, and extra help.
Employment Eligibility Verification - includes links to detailed information about the Form I-9 and E-Verify.
AVSL Reporting - tools and materials to assist with academic vacation and sick leave reporting, which occurs twice a year in May and September.
Payments to Foreign Nationals - General information about immigration types and payment eligibility, maintained by the Office of Business and Finance (OBFS).
Salary Planner - used by departments to enter annual salary changes, and account changes for budgeted positions and associated job records.
University Guidelines for Employee Separation Agreements - guidelines issued by the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs.