Update My Information

If you have discovered that certain information displayed about you is incorrect, follow the instructions below to update your information.  Some information can be changed yourself.  Other types of information may require assistance from your Human Resources or University Benefit and Payroll contacts.


Personal Identification Information Changes
Type of Information Where/How is the Change Made?
Name Name changes are submitted by an employee’s home department using the Name and SSN Change Form. Employees initiate this form and work with their Department to verify any changes needed. Employees must be able to validate name changes as agreeing with their Tax ID/SSN name. The name must be the name on the SSN card and the unit must send a copy of the SSN card with the form.
Social Security Number (SSN)

SSN changes are completed using the Name and SSN Change Form located in NESSIE under the Personal Information tab. Employees initiate this form and work with their department to verify any changes needed. The form is then submitted to the Campus Human Resource Office for employees or the Campus Student Employment Office for students.

Date of Birth

Employees can correct their date of birth using the Employee Information Form (EIF) in NESSIE.

Net ID

Employees must contact the following numbers to change their NetID.

  • UIUC: Contact Technology Services at 217-244-7000 

  • UIC: Contact ACCC at 312-413-0003

  • UIS: Contact Technical Support at 217-206-7357 or 877-847-0443


Employees must contact their campus ID Center to change their UIN.

  • UIUC: Illini Union Bookstore 217-244-0135 

  • UIC: Student Services Building location 312-413-5949 Student Center West location 312-413-5944

  • UIS: Public Affairs Center 217-206-7718


Employees can update their address using My Profile.

Marital Status

Employees can update their marital status using My Profile.

Disability Status

Employees can update their disability status using My Profile.

Veteran Status

Employees can update their veteran status using My Profile.


Employees can change their citizenship by contacting their campus International Services office.


Employees can correct their race/ethnicity using My Profile.

Driver’s License Number

Employees can update their Driver’s License Number using My Profile.


Employees can update their licenses/certifications using My Profile.


Employees can update their publications using the EIF in NESSIE.

Work History

Employees can update their work history using the EIF in NESSIE.

Emergency Contact Information

Employees can update their emergency contact information using the EIF in NESSIE.

Access My Profile at My Profile