This section focuses on Pay, Taxes, Salaries, and Wages, including self-service applications. Visit Leave and Benefits for more information.
Pay and Taxes
Self-Service Applications (login with 2FA required)
You must access your Direct Deposit, Earnings Statement, and Tax
Statement from either a computer on a university network, OR by using 2
Factor Authentication (2FA) when you are off campus. Go to https://verify.uillinois.edu/ to set up 2FA. If you have not done so yet, we encourage you to set up 2FA immediately.
- Direct Deposit - Set up Direct Deposit, which enables electronic transfer of your earnings to an account you specify. Employees without an active Direct Deposit account prior to receipt of first pay will receive funds on a university provided Paychek Plus card.
- Earnings Statement - View current and historical earning statements.
- W-2/1042-S/1095-C Tax Statement - Sign up to receive an electronic version of your W-2,1042-S, and/or 1095-C, plus view current and historical information.
- W-4 Withholding Allowance - Complete or change your State and Federal income tax withholding (W-4) information. If you elect an additional flat amount to be deducted on Form W-4, the flat amount will be deducted on all pay events: original, retro-active, and adjusted.
- Employment Verification System (EVS) – allows employees to establish a vendor access number for commercial vendors to verify employment and salary information.
Notification of Appointment – allows Faculty and Academic Professional employees to view appointment information, including salaries/pay, as authorized by the Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois.
- Civil Service Appointment Information - allows Civil Service employees or employees with a Civil Service appointment to view their information online, including salaries/pay. See also the additional terms of employment for the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (DIA): Urbana | Chicago | Springfield
Pay Calculator – Excel spreadsheet that is used to calculate partial month pay and pay adjustments for Academic employees.
Foreign National Employees
- Visit the OBFS website to complete and print the Form I-9, schedule a mandatory tax status review appointment with the University Payroll Service Center, view required documentation for tax status appointments, or to get a Temporary Control Number.
Academic positions do no have defined salary ranges. Salaries are based on many factors such as the duties and responsibilities, educational and experience requirements, field of discipline, university locations, etc.
Civil service pay grades and ranges are established by each university and collective bargaining agreement.