The University of Illinois System is among the top teaching and
research universities in the world and a premier employer in Illinois.
We are the state's largest institution of higher education, and our
faculty and staff are world leaders in research and innovation,
award-winning educators, authors, artists, health care providers, and
multi-talented professionals. Creating environments for learning and
providing career opportunities in Urbana-Champaign, Chicago,
Springfield, and throughout the state, our faculty and staff are the
engine that drives Illinois!
System Human Resource Services is dedicated to supporting the U of I System's mission of teaching, research, public service, and economic
development through a variety of strategic programs and partnerships to
recruit, develop, and retain a diverse workforce of the highest
The Associate Vice President for Human Resources reports to the Executive Vice President and Vice President for Academic Affairs, Barbara Wilson. As an organization, we are
committed to providing strategic human resource leadership for the System. Our office partners with the human resource and EEO/AA
offices at each university and in the University of Illinois System Offices to achieve our
goals of providing a diverse workforce that provides high quality and
efficient service delivery.
Browse the university sites or topics below to learn more about
University of Illinois HR offices, initiatives, policies, and systems.
Each human resource and EEO/AA office maintains its own web site. Should
you have a question or need additional assistance, please contact a
member of the SHRS team.
Jami Painter, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Interim Associate Vice President for Human Resources
System Human Resource Services is a strategic partner in achieving the University of Illinois’s strategy and land-grant mission by maximizing the value of human capital and aligning it with university initiatives, values, goals and the needs of all stakeholders.
To be the leader in higher education human resources by fostering excellence and creating value through
Service – Expertise – Technology.
- Accountability- We take responsibility for our individual works as well as the management and stewardship of the U of I System information resources and other assets entrusted to our care.
- Adaptability- We thoughtfully engage in and support change through process improvement, technology, and customer needs.
- Continuous Improvement– We demonstrate a continual effort to improve job-related knowledge, skills, and performance through both formal training and individual study with the overall intent of enhancing service to our customers.
- Customer Satisfaction– We strive to provide the highest level of service possible to our customers based on their needs and our capabilities.
- Information and Communication– Information in all its forms is our currency and the source of underlying value we provide to the U of I System. We communicate openly, honestly, timely and respectfully with each other and through all our interactions.
- Team Work and Professionalism– We work through collaborative partnerships and embrace diversity of thought, opinion, and approaches with customers and colleagues regardless of background, culture, and organizational level.
Universities and System Office Mission, Vision, Values
The mission, vision, values and goals for each university and the systems office can be found at their respective web sites.
University of Illinois
HR Service Center
SHRS Strategy Focus Areas for FY 2016
- Enhance the employee experience through support and implementation of best practice HR business models that apply across all universities and System Office units.
- Develop and implement strategies and processes that mitigate risk and comply with state and federal laws, and other mandates, through human resource policy and compliance administration.
- Provide direction, support, tools, and resources for effective talent acquisition and management, retention strategies, and performance management.
- Define future directions for enterprise-wide human resource systems to enhance and support HR initiatives and operations.
- Establish an outreach role to engage the university community in order to communicate human resources initiatives and solicit input on HR services and systems.
- Publish metrics and analysis for executive decision making as well as facilitate System-wide reporting in compliance with state and federal laws.