PLEASE NOTE: The UI New Hire system will be unavailable on Sunday, May 1st, from 8am until 11am (estimated), for system upgrades.
Welcome, New Hires!
We're delighted you've accepted a position within the University of Illinois. We know beginning a new job
can be a complex process, and we're here to make your transition a little easier. Below, you'll find:
- Our UI New Hire system, which will guide you through all the forms necessary to start your job at the University of Illinois.
- Information about benefits, policies, and campus resources available to you.
UI New Hire system
The UI New Hire system will guide you through all the forms required
of new employees.
What do I need to start?
Before you begin, please make sure you have your:
- UI New Hire Login ID and Password - Your hiring unit will provide this to you either in person or through a system-generated email. If you haven't received this, please check with your hiring manager or HR contact.
- Work history and education information. Please check with your hiring contact about what, specifically, you need to enter for your new job, as these requirements vary.
- Bank information - You will need your routing and account number to sign up for direct deposit (these numbers can be found on a check or bank statement).
Access UI New Hire
Need Help with UI New Hire?
UI New Hire Quick Start Guide - This guide answers common questions about logging in and navigating UI New Hire.
UI New Hire System Guide - The system guide provides an in-depth look at the redesigned UI New Hire system, covering all forms and options.
Information about all benefits available to University of Illinois
employees can be found on NESSIE.
New employees should at least familiarize yourself with the following:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR BENEFITS ELECTION:
Based on the State Department of Central Management Services' (CMS) policy, you have
10 calendar days from your
hire or benefit eligibility date to elect health, dental, life and dependent coverage or make an election to opt out if full-time, or waive coverage, if part-time.
Full-time and part-time employees
who do not make an election within the 10 day period
will be defaulted
Quality Care Health and Dental plans
the option to insure dependents. If no action is taken, you
If you are Benefits-eligible, you will be asked to complete your benefits election within the UI New Hire System.
Your options for local public transportation:
Chicago: University Transportation Services | Chicago Transit Authority | Metra Commuter Rail System
Springfield: Springfield Mass Transit District
Urbana-Champaign: Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District
Please visit the NESSIE Campus Resources page to see information on resources available to you as a University employee. Use policy and administrative guidelines as a reference for University rules and regulations. These policies apply to all University employees.