Welcome, to the University of Illinois!
We're delighted you've accepted a position within the University of Illinois. We know beginning a new job can be a complex process, and we're here to facilitate your transition. Below, you'll find:
- Our UI New Hire system, which will guide you through all the forms necessary to start your job at the University of Illinois.
- Information about benefits, policies, and campus resources available to you.
What do I need to start?
Before you begin, please make sure you have your:
Access UI New Hire
- UI New Hire Login ID and Password - Your hiring unit will provide this to you either in person or through a system-generated email. If you haven't received this, please check with your hiring manager or HR contact. If your password no longer works, please ask your hiring contact to reset this for you. Please note: employees with assigned NetIDs cannot use their NetID and NetID password to access UI New Hire.
- Work history and education information. Please check with your hiring contact about what, specifically, you need to enter for your new job, as these requirements vary.
- Bank information - You will need your routing and account number to set up your direct deposit (these numbers can be found on a check or bank statement).
Need Help with UI New Hire?
Information about all benefits available to University of Illinois employees can be found on NESSIE. You should familiarize yourself with the following:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR BENEFITS ELECTION:
The State of Illinois is moving insurance benefits enrollment to a new online system, called MyBenefits Marketplace, effective September 30, 2016. MyBenefits Marketplace will provide self-service tools to assist with health, dental, and life insurance, and flexible spending account (MCAP/DCAP) plans.
Key System Transition Dates:
There will be a period of transition to MyBenefits Marketplace, during which state benefits enrollment and changes must be completed via paper form or may be unavailable.
- Beginning September 20 through close of business on September 22 – Contact University Payroll and Benefits (UPB) to complete paper enrollment forms.
- September 23 through September 29 – Call UPB for assistance if you need to enroll during this time.
- September 30 – MyBenefits Marketplace will go live.
- If you completed your Employee Information Form (EIF) and Demographic Verification Form (DVF) in UI New Hire by close of business on September 19, then you will be able to access MyBenefits Marketplace to complete your enrollment. You will need your CMS-issued Employee ID Number (EIN) to logon.
- If you did not complete your EIF and DVF in UI New Hire by close of business on September 19, then you will need to complete and submit those forms first, which will generate the letter/email from CMS with your EIN. You will then use your CMS EIN to logon to MyBenefits Marketplace.
Contact University Payroll and Benefits (UPB) if you need assistance.
Based on the State Department of Central Management Services' (CMS) policy:
- you have 30 calendar days from your hire or benefit eligibility date to elect health, dental, life and dependent coverage or make an election to opt out if full-time, or waive coverage, if part-time.
- Full-time and part-time employees who do not make an election within this 30 day period will be defaulted into the Quality Care Health and Dental plans without the option to insure dependents. If no action is taken, you will be defaulted.
If you are Benefits-eligible, you will be asked to complete your benefits election within the UI New Hire System.
Your options for local public transportation:
Please visit the NESSIE Campus Resources page to see information on resources available to you as a University employee. Use policy and administrative guidelines as a reference for University rules and regulations. These policies apply to all University employees.