What is MyBenefits Marketplace?
MyBenefits Marketplace is the state's new online system, which will provide self-service tools to assist you with plan enrollment and changes (health, dental, and life insurance, and flexible spending account plans).
What is Morneau Shepell?
Morneau Shepell is the vendor providing the MyBenefits Marketplace online enrollment website and Service Center.
Are there any new provisions in the state benefit plans?
- Employees who previously elected Minnesota Life insurance coverage for a child will now receive life insurance coverage at no additional cost for all children up to age 26. (Effective 9/30/2016)
- A child life insurance coverage election is guaranteed coverage when elected on or after 9/30/2016.
- New state benefit eligible employees on or after 8/16/2016 have
30 calendar days, from the benefit eligibility date, to make state
benefit plan elections.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) – employee elections during the 30 calendar day enrollment period will have a coverage effective date retroactive to their benefits eligibility date. The FSA election dollar amount will be deducted from the remaining pay periods in the fiscal year (fiscal year is July 1 through June 30).
Example: An employee hired January 1 enrolls in the Medical Care Assistance Plan (MCAP) on January 29 will have a coverage date of January 1. When electing to contribute $500, this equates to $50/pay period if paid bi-weekly or $100/pay period if paid monthly, during the period February through June. Contact UPB with questions on your personal situation.
Will Benefits Overview Orientation Sessions continue to be available on campus for employees that are newly eligible for state benefits?
Yes, University Payroll and Benefits (UPB) will continue to offer these sessions and registration is available here.
Logging on MyBenefits Marketplace
How do I login/register as a first time user on MyBenefits Marketplace?
- Go to MyBenefits Marketplace at MyBenefits.illinois.gov and click Login (upper right of screen)
- Look for the small text "Logging in for the first time? Register" and click Register (lower right of screen)
- Answer the Self Registration questions
- Create your unique secure password and click Continue
- Click View login ID to view your CMS-issued Employee ID Number (EIN) and save this number for future logins! Click Continue
- Create your challenge questions (to be used if you forget your password)
- Accept the CMS disclaimer
How do I login after my initial login/registration?
Once you complete the registration, you will use your Login ID (CMS-issued EIN) and password to access MyBenefits Marketplace at MyBenefits.illinois.gov going forward. Your University UIN, NetID, Enterprise ID, or any other University logins and passwords cannot be used.
Selecting or Making Changes to Your Benefits
What is the enrollment deadline for state benefits?
New state benefit eligible employees on or after 8/16/2016 have 30 calendar days, from the benefit eligibility date, to make state benefit plan elections.
When should newly state benefit-eligible employees elect their benefits?
Three (3) days after completing your Employee Information Form (EIF) in UI New Hire, please go to MyBenefits Marketplace
to self-authenticate, register, and make your plan elections. You are
encouraged to review your options and make your plan elections three (3)
days after completing your EIF. You will receive communications about
state benefits via postal mail approximately 5 to 10 days after you
complete your EIF.
Note: You are strongly encouraged to elect to receive email communications about state benefits by checking the box in the EIF.
What else is important for me to know about the MyBenefits Marketplace enrollment process?
Once you click "Submit/Finalize" your benefit elections are final and unchangeable until either the next Benefit Choice period in May, or a qualifying event occurs. You will not be allowed to revise your State benefit elections, even if you are still within the 30 calendar day enrollment period or the 60 calendar day qualifying event period.
When will I receive my insurance ID cards?
You will receive ID cards from your insurance plans (e.g., Health Alliance, Delta Dental) approximately 2 to 3 weeks after you made your benefit elections and provided any required documentation.
What happens if I miss my enrollment deadline?
You will default into the Quality Care Health and Dental Plans with no dependent coverage. You will receive a reminder from MyBenefits Marketplace when you have 10 calendar days remaining in your enrollment election period. You are strongly encouraged to provide an email address in UI New Hire for the fastest delivery of information on your State benefits.
Do I make ALL benefit elections and changes through MyBenefits Marketplace?
No, only the following state plans:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account Plans (includes MCAP and DCAP)
Which benefit elections are NOT completed in MyBenefits Marketplace?
The following benefit plan enrollments/changes will remain in NESSIE:
- University Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- University Long Term Disability (LTD)
- University 403(b) Supplemental Retirement Plan
- State 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
How do I add or change my State life insurance beneficiary?
Complete the beneficiary form available on MyBenefits Marketplace and mail it to Minnesota Life at the address on the form.
How do I complete the Statement of Health if I added life insurance coverage after the guaranteed issue period?
Complete the Statement of Health form available on MyBenefits Marketplace and mail it to Minnesota Life at the address on the form.
How do I access my CMS Benefits Statement?
Your State benefits are now available on MyBenefits Marketplace. You will find a link to MyBenefits Marketplace in NESSIE.
Where and how do I submit any required documentation?
Any required documentation for newly benefits eligible employees or qualifying event changes can be uploaded or mailed to MyBenefits Marketplace. See the last page of the FAQs for complete contact information.
What is the deadline to submit my documentation?
- Newly Benefits Eligible: 30 calendar days from the benefit eligibility date.
- Benefit Choice: 10 calendar days following the close of the Benefit Choice period.
- Qualifying Event: 60 calendar days after the date of the event.
Your CMS-issued Employee ID Number (EIN)
What is a CMS-issued Employee ID Number (EIN) and where can I find my EIN?
The CMS EIN is a new, unique identifier assigned to you by the State of Illinois for benefits purposes. The CMS letter mailed on September 26, 2016 contains your unique EIN. Use this number to access your benefits information on MyBenefits Marketplace.
I forgot my EIN, how do I retrieve it?
Go to MyBenefits Marketplace at MyBenefits.illinois.gov and click Login (upper right of screen), click Forgot my login ID and then answer the questions to retrieve your login ID.
Offline Benefit Changes to State Benefits
Can I use paper enrollment/change forms for my State insurance benefits?
No, as of September 30, 2016 paper enrollment/change forms are no longer accepted on state insurance benefits plan enrollment/changes.
How do I enroll or make changes if I don’t have access to a computer or the MyBenefits Marketplace website is unavailable?
Call MyBenefits Marketplace Service Center or visit a University Payroll and Benefits office for assistance.
- MyBenefits Marketplace Service Center
Toll-free: 844-251-1777 or TTY 844-251-1778 Monday – Friday 8am – 6 pm CT
How do I add an email address for my state benefits?
New Employee Process: When completing your Employee Information Form (EIF) in UI New Hire, elect email delivery of your state benefits to receive information about your benefits through email instead of postal mail. This will be the fastest delivery option for your state benefits information.
Current Employee Process: It is recommended that you provide a preferred email address to receive important reminders via email rather than postal mail about:
- Benefit Choice
- Follow-up on qualifying events
- Outstanding documentation needs
Once logged in, go to the Your Benefits box, click on Self-Service Tools and select Update my email.
Why should I provide an email address for my State benefits?
Email delivery will be the fastest method of receiving information about your state benefits.
How do I change my email address?
You may log on to MyBenefits Marketplace and change your email address at any time.
How do I confirm the emails I receive from MyBenefits Marketplace are legitimate and are not phishing emails (i.e., attempts to steal my identity)?
You are encouraged to contact the MyBenefits Marketplace Service Center to confirm the authenticity of the communication.
Who to Contact For Assistance
When should I contact the MyBenefits Marketplace Service Center?
Contact MyBenefits Marketplace for assistance with the following:
- Problems logging in
- Resetting your password
- Advice on state plan options – what plan is best for me
- Health insurance premium, Point of Service costs (copays and coinsurance), out-of-pocket maximums, etc.
- Help verifying enrollment, dependents, documentation
- Help making qualifying event changes
- Understanding insurance plan premiums
- Premium collections and refunds
- Flexible spending account (MCAP and DCAP) enrollment
When should I contact University Payroll and Benefits (UPB)?
Contact UPB for the following:
- Questions about University offered plans.
- Long Term Disability (LTD) with Prudential
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) with The Hartford
- Life Insurance with Voya Financial/ReliaStar (closed plan)
- General plan counseling on:
- Basics of health plans (HMO vs OAP vs CIGNA)
- Basics of dental
- Basics of vision
- Basics of life
- Basics of FSA (MCAP/DCAP)
- Qualifying events
- Question on a leave of absence
- Questions about Supplemental Retirement Plans
- University 403(b) Supplemental Retirement Plan
- State 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
MyBenefits Marketplace Contact Information
Web Address: www.MyBenefits.illinois.gov
Phone: toll-free at 844-251-1777 or TTY 844-251-1778
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. CT
Address: PO Box 467846, Atlanta, GA 31146