University of Illinois System

Enroll In, Change, or Stop Your State Deferred Compensation Contributions

To enroll, make changes, add/update beneficiaries or stop contributions to the State 457 Deferred Compensation Plan (Deferred Comp) go to For questions, contact Empower at 833-969-ILDC (833-969-4532) or University Payroll & Benefits (UPB).

Change or Reallocate the Funds You Have Elected

Log into your account at or contact Empower at 833-969-ILDC (833-969-4532).

Catch-Up Contributions

See Contribution Limits for information on catch-up contributions that may be available to you. Contact UPB with any questions.

Leave Payout

If you will receive a vacation or compensable sick leave payout upon termination of employment with the University, see Leave Payout for information on directing a portion of your payout to this plan. Contact UPB with any questions.


State of Illinois Deferred Compensation Plan Enrollment Flyer
State 457 Plan Highlights
State 457 Plan Roth Flyer

Download the mobile app, search for Empower Retirement in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.

Information provided on this site is general in nature about matters of interest to University of Illinois System employees. This information is not legal, financial, or tax advice. You should consult with a legal, financial, or tax professional for assistance with your individual circumstances.